Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Here's the Beef

Zachary: "Look, Mommy, what I'm eating! It's helfy for me!"


By the way, in case you can't tell, that's a huge wad of leftover lasagna noodles, cold, rubberized and straight out of the fridge. And just look at that smile across his face! The lasagna I spent 2 hours making the night before? He took one bite, said "Mommy, that's grrrrrrEAT!" And then he wouldn't touch another bite.

I think I'll take an early retirement from home-cooked meals. And would you like fries with that?!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's some clean looking pasta! Did he eat the meat and sauce or is that just cooked pasta that didn't got into your artwork of lasagna?

Robin said...

Those were the leftover noodles that didn't make it into the lasagna. I wouldn't let him continue eating them plain and cold (what sort of mom would I be?), so since he was so deliriously happy to have them, I cut them into bite-sized pieces, warmed them up and covered them in sauce and parmesan cheese. He is such a sweet boy--I think he gave me further compliments just for doing that.