Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jesus is my Autopilot?


After ignoring Ashley's pleas for me to put on It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, I reluctantly accepted the fact that my nap on the couch was over. I might as well let her watch it since continuing to endure her climbing all over me was not the better option. So, I put the DVD in the player and went into the kitchen to check on some brownies that were in the oven. I washed some raspberries and returned to my spot on the couch. Zachary and I were enjoying the raspberries when the DVD stopped on the menu screen. Both kids began a little chant for me to go start the movie for them. My mouth was a little full at the time, but I told Zachary to go press "play"...only it sounded more like, "Pless play!" They thought I had said, "Let's pray," and before I knew what was going on, both kids bowed their heads, folded their arms, and began, "Dear Heav'y Fodder...Jesus Cwist...Amen!"

See? They ARE learning!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Way cute...Oh,the agony of the moment when we must admit the nap is over . .even worse when the nap actually never really began. My heart ached for you when I read that. It ached for myself yesterday. SOB!

Stephanie T said...

How cute!

madfam said...

melt my heart is what this little story did...great job mom! what a special memory