Monday, March 30, 2009

I Can See How She Might Be a Little Confused...



My dad has developed an interest in woodworking and also likes whimsical characters, so I think that's why my mom bought this statuette for him last Christmas. Right now, it sits on a small table in their living room for all to see. Ashley (age 2 1/2) saw it one day and asked, "Whistle?" My mom corrected her and said, "That's a flute!" And with all the innocence of a little child, Ashley asked, "Heavenly Father plays the flute?!"

*Not that it changes the point of the story, but I found out today that this is NOT an exact replica of the statue on display in my parents' home. The one they have is definitely more stylish...as stylish as a gnome statue can be, anyway.*

3 comments:

Kristin said...

That is hilarious. What was your answer?

Robin said...

I'm pretty sure we just laughed. It was obviously meant to be a rhetorical question, right? :D

Sarah said...

Of course He plays the flute! Too cute.