Friday, November 2, 2007

I just love free stuff!

As soon as I quit working to be a stay-at-home mom, I began signing up to do online surveys. I really don't remember what was going through my mind at the time. Boredom? Probably not. I probably just got an invitation sent to me by email and decided to go ahead and sign up. Perhaps my interest was sparked by the few times in the past where I have been rewarded for sharing my opinions. For example, once my sister and I both got invited to be in a focus group to help a local radio station decide what kinds of music the public wanted to hear. We spent an evening at a downtown hotel listening to bits and pieces of popular songs and were each given $50 cash for our time. I know those opportunities are few and far between, but I honestly do enjoy taking surveys (as long as they're not too long and I don't have to listen to someone asking me the questions in monotone.) And I ESPECIALLY like taking part if there is something in it for me.

And lo and behold, the free stuff has come! Today it was free diapers for me to try out on one of my kids. Not just one or two diapers, but *34* free diapers! Woooohooooo! Too bad I just ran out yesterday to stock up on those, but those can surely wait. I'll gladly test out this product, answer a little questionnaire, and sit back and smile because I just saved us $15!

Yes, a lot of the surveys I have taken over the past few years have had to do with infant hygiene, but I have also been the proud recipient of other fun things. Let's see... There was a free box of cereal not too long ago. Before that, 3 free jars of pasta sauce, free baby wipes, free shampoo, and free ice cream. That ice cream survey was probably the most exciting. The package showed up unexpectedly on my front porch one day with directions on the box to "Keep Frozen." I had no idea what I was opening up at the time, so as you can imagine, I was a little bit nervous. To my great surprise, inside was a pint of ice cream packed on dry ice with a plastic pouch containing instructions and a $10 bill. "Eat this ice cream and take our survey and have fun spending this money"...is pretty much what it said. That one was a lot of fun. And there are other free things that I know I'm forgetting, not to mention all the survey points I've redeemed for cash and gift cards.

Don't you just love getting free stuff? I would love to hear about the free stuff that you have received.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's really awesome! I've never been paid to eat ice cream, but LOVE the thought of it.