Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, it's off to school I go!

Today, I registered Zachary for Pre-K! I am not sure what he thinks about all of this now. School seemed an awful lot more exciting until he actually went. :) (If that was the case, it'll be a loooooong 20 years or so depending on what he wants to do in life.) While I filled out all the paperwork, he got to go on a tour of the school with the principal and a little girl who will be in Kindergarten next year. He went eagerly, so at least that was a good sign. Of course, Ashley was not happy to be left behind. She got to eat fruit snacks while she waited with me and then decided to color all over her hands with a ball-point pen...and then threw a tantrum when she was not allowed to continue scribbling on herself. So, she stomped off, because, well, I'm not the "cool" mom who would let her do that. Of course, the feeling was a little bit mutual as I was thinking that I wished SHE could be the one to go to school next year. Power struggles between a Leo and a Taurus = fun times! Oh well, Zachary will probably love school, and I'm sure Ashley will find that life as an "only" child for a few hours each day will have its benefits, too. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Does Texas offer preschool at the public schools? That would be awesome. They are talking about doing it here in Virginia but who knows if they'll get in running in time to benefit my children.

Kelly said...

That is really exciting. Or egg-citing...since it happened shortly after Easter.

Hey, shouldn't your bog subtitle be from Z to A and everything in between? Or Z to A and every kid thereafter? Just kiddin' because I like the way it all looks.

Kristin said...

How fun for you, espcially the tantrum. Little kids make any little task a whole lot more exciting don't they? Like filling out paper work etc. Ha..some peoople think that is just a boring tedious task but we mothers of young children know that it can be so much more. If nothing else happens..it is actually relaxing.
They have preschool at our public schools too. I am trying to decide If I will sign up next year. He will be the only kid home all day. He might be bored, but he might like the only child feel of it all. Lincoln has really blossomed from all the attention.

Kristin said...

When I said I will sign up next year..I meant sign up Sam..although coloring and eating snacks sounds kinda fun. . . hmm...