Thursday, August 21, 2008

Quick Change

Ashley has surprised us by learning a new trick. Last night, when I went in to make sure the kids' CD player was turned off before we went to bed, I discovered a peculiar present left on the floor. No, not THAT kind of present. Well, not exactly anyway. There, in the middle of the floor, was her (slightly wet) diaper...just sitting there waiting to be disposed of properly. Expecting to find her pants-less in the crib with wet sheets, I was merely annoyed by Ashley's initiative. But to find that she had removed her wet diaper and then REPLACED her pants all by herself while staying DRY...well, I couldn't have been more proud of this "first" for her. And, now, I guess she's mastered this new skill overnight because I made the same discovery this morning. Funny girl! (Let's just hope that she likes the dirty ones enough to keep them on!)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Do you think she is ready to potty train? My mom says that I potty trained myself because I hated to have a wet or dirty diaper on. Keep in mind that girls are almost always easier to potty train than boys (from my experience and what I hear).

Kelly said...

That's a good sign. I hope your diaper days (with her) end soon. Good luck! I am leaving my options open for you for future diaper days, just in case. Not for you personally, but for future letters of the alphabet besides A and Z that may come your way.

Kristin said...

So far my daughter trained at 3 and both boys so far at 4. Just keep encouraging her though...you may be lucky! Girls are easier for sure.

Heidi said...

Abby was 2.