Friday, April 3, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper vs. Mommy's Little Helps-Himself




This morning, I awoke to hear the following conversation between my kids, who were cheerfully discussing the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches they wanted for breakfast:

Zachary: "Ashley, bring me a chair so I can get the bread from on top of the refrigerator."
Ashley: "I don't think so. Mommy can help."
Zachary: "Then I'm going to climb on the treadmill and then on the counter so I can get it."
Ashley: "No. Mommy can help."

And that's about the point when I got up, walked into the kitchen and calmly suggested, "Yes, Mommy can help."

5 comments:

Kristin said...

So...why do you keep your bread above the fridge. Is it for the same reason we keep our bread way out of reach? Little hands that get bread and don't close the bag when they are done with it? From the sounds of the story...I would say it is likely. Sounds like life at home is back to normal though and that is wonderful.

Heidi said...

I would have been tempted to let them go ahead with their plans just to see how the sandwiches turned out. : )

Sarah said...

Funny kids. At least Ashley sounds like she has some sense.

Robin said...

We have always kept our bread above the fridge. I never gave it a second thought, but the fact that the kids would always be into it is a good enough reason to continue keeping it there. I wasn't interested in seeing what kind of mess they could make with PB&J. For right now, I'm the only one with enough sense to be getting into that stuff. HA HA

Stephanie T said...

That is funny!