Saturday, April 4, 2009

Not Quite the "Trip" I Wanted to Take



I was so annoyed today when I went to turn on General Conference and found that absolutely NOTHING was playing on the channel we were supposed to be tuning into. For as long as we've lived in this house, we have always watched Conference on cable channel 77 at home in our living room. However, even as good as it got, we often experienced problems here or there. For example, we'd catch the morning session, but in the afternoon, this no-name channel would air a baseball game instead. That was pretty annoying in and of itself, but today I was REALLY ticked off. The screen was SOLID BLUE and they couldn't air Conference?! Come on! So, not having a lot of other last-minute options, I was grateful that we do have internet and can tune in online. The problem with that was that I couldn't actually watch it without the audio totally breaking up. So, we (or rather I--Chris was laying on the floor, sick, and probably didn't catch much besides his zzZZ's) listened while watching something crazy like sound waves dancing on the computer screen in front of me. Colorful stars and bands of "sound" moving in time with the speakers' words and voice inflections or something crazy like that. After awhile, I couldn't handle any more of it, so I got on Facebook and tried to work Sudoku puzzles in the meantime. Yeah, that was a little distracting, but so was the crappy mood I was in already. And so here lies the end of my rant.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Arrrgghhh! That does sound WAY irritating. I am so sorry! The baseball game really would have made my blood boil too!

Heidi said...

Yeah, I would be pretty upset too. Especially because you planned to watch it on TV and then had to come up with a new plan at the last minute. Those kind of moments make me crazy!