Friday, September 21, 2007

Zachary's Movie Matinee

This afternoon, just after I put Ashley down for her nap, Zachary actually asked me to cuddle with him. How much longer I will be able to do that with my little boy, I don't know, but I will relish every opportunity I can get before he outgrows this adorable stage and no longer thinks it's cool to even be seen with me.

After snuggling up and reading Bear Snores On TWICE, he asked if he could watch a movie. That gave me a great idea! While Ashley takes her naps in the afternoons, we can have Zachary's special movie time...complete with popcorn and drinks. I prepared his afternoon treat and brought him a pillow and blanket, and voila! Though Zachary SHOULD still be taking naps at his age, I can definitely settle for a couple hours of quiet time while he feasts on the Disney classics that I, too, enjoyed as a kid. Today's special is Toy Story: "To infinity and beyond!"

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Well, Christopher still wants me to, and he's almost ten! So I think you've still got plenty of cuddle time left.