Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hundreds of Little Doughnuts Go Floating By

Hooray for outings with mom! It seems like it's been forever since I've attempted a fun outing with Zachary and Ashley, on a weekday, just the 3 of us, for no other reason than I wanted to take them to experience something new and different. Can you guess what our fun activity was for the day? A visit to our local Krispy Kreme doughnut shop! And it was a hit! The kids loved watching the doughnut "boats" go floating by. Watching the doughnuts was apparently much more fun than picking out our assortment to take home. Afterwards, the kids each got a free doughnut fresh off the assembly line, and I don't think they NEEDED that extra bit of sugary excitement, but that was still very cool. I'm sure they will ask to go back sometime.

By the way, I'm not a big fan of the Krispy Kreme brand. I much prefer Dunkin Donuts, and I've still never been much of a doughnut fan to begin with. I just like that we could go and enjoy this little sideshow. Thanks to Zachary's recent discovery and love of Food Network's Unwrapped, we are really into seeing how things are made. I'm thinking that our next stop will be that little creamery down in Brenham when Aunt Wendy comes to visit next month. (What do you think, Chia? I mean, we'll be on our way to Houston anyway. I can't believe we have grown up in this area and have never had a tour of the Blue Bell Creamery!)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I didn't know there was Krispy Kreme here. Where is it at? Maybe Claire would like to do that sometime. I'm with you, Dunkin Donuts are the best. I've liked them since I was a little kid. In Michigan we had Tim Horton'sand they are even better!

Robin said...

Hi Sarah. Krispy Kreme is on south 183 between Spicewood Springs and Oak Knoll. I grew up on Dunkin Donuts and Shipley's, and those are/were the best we've had around here. Yep, Claire would probably enjoy watching the doughnuts being made.

Kelly said...

My mouth waters for hot, fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts. YUM. That is a splendid idea to go on an outing there with your mom and the kids.

I've also never been to Brenham for Bluebell. Yes, you should go there with Wendy. Let me know how it goes too. I may want to copy the idea.