Friday, June 13, 2008

Showtime!

Last Friday was Zachary's final day of gymnastics. His class performed their "show" so we could see the skills they have been working on over the past few months. Zachary has enjoyed making some new friends and has looked forward to Little Gym every week! I am glad that he has had the opportunity to try something new, and I have really seen him grow more confident in himself.

Zachary was too scared to go on the "big" balance beam in the fall, but he has gained courage and rose to the occasion last Friday. He also mastered the "table top" part of his floor exercise. And I don't think I even KNEW that he could hang upside down on the bars the way he did, but I think this is my favorite picture! After the show, each of the kids in the class received a gold medal. Zachary is our little champion, and we are so proud of him!

It was hard for Ashley to not be able to participate in gymnastics with her brother, as she got to see him having so much fun and all she could do was watch. The class for her age group requires parents to participate, and Zachary cannot be left to his own devices, that's for sure. :) I tried to make the time go by much easier for Ashley by taking her to the pet store nearby to look at the animals, and she did love that! Next year will be a fun year for Ashley, because she'll get to start participating in activities that she sees Zachary enjoying now. She seems very determined to have her day. Based on her agility and strength and the competitive spirit I have seen in her from such a young age, I look forward to watching Ashley have these opportunities, too. She's really going to show her big brother how it's done. Watch out, here she comes!








3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun boy! I love his tabletop.

Heidi said...

Looks like FUN!

Kristin said...

I totally need to sign up my 5 year old for some gymnastics. He is always on the move.