Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kung Fu Panda


I have been in Houston since last Thursday, hence the reason I have not been blogging as much as usual, but I thought I would do a quick post before I go home tonight.

Yesterday, I took Zachary and my 8 year-old nephew, Bryon, to see Kung Fu Panda. It was an act of charity, I thought, since you (don't actually) know how I love going to the movies. ;) I hadn't seen the previews for this one, therefore I had no reason to get excited about it. But what do you do when you are cooped up inside a house with 6 kids ages 8 and under BESIDES think about undergoing sterilization? You get out of the house as fast as you possibly can! Almost anything else could potentially be more exciting than sitting in a house full of kids with NO ELECTRICITY (read: NO A/C!) in Houston in the summertime. That's another story for another day, I guess. My poor mom suffered through that alone but at least I got 2 of the kids off her hands for a few hours. And today, I'm reciprocating by watching the boys and the 2 little girls so she can take my older nieces and grandma to see this movie which I gave rave reviews.

So, yeah, I loved Kung Fu Panda! I loved the animation, the story, the music, the characters...EVERYTHING! I know this may sound a little weird, but seeing this movie made me actually want to go visit China--such an interesting culture! The boys both enjoyed the movie as well, but there were some darker scenes that I thought might be a little scary for the younger age group. Overall, it was a great movie that I highly recommend.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I think the same production company did "Surf's Up" last year. I was the same way with that one - didn't want to really go - but loved it. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it.

The Schwauschs said...

Oh Robin! No a/c?!?!?!?! I'm so sorry! I'm glad you enjoyed the movie though, it looks like it would be really cute. Have a safe trip back to Austin!

Kristin said...

I am excited to see it because the Previews looked great! We are waiting for the dollar theater though. Last week we saw "Horton Hears a Who" and it was great. What a fun movie and such good morals too.
We miss you Robin! Hurry home!

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

You are the second person I heard that they love this movie from. That's good to know. My niece is about to go to China for five months to teach English. I wonder if she's seen it yet. Anyway, welcome home!