Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More Than Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Bunny

Yesterday morning, while I was getting into the car to take Zachary to an early dentist appointment, I spotted a cottontail bunny sitting near the overgrown cactus that covers the power box between our yard and our neighbors' yard. I tried to show Zachary, but the bunny was easily hidden in its surroundings. That is, until it began to vigorously scratch behind its ear. Zachary watched it closely until I started the car and then announced that the bunny was hopping away. As I pulled further down the driveway and into the street, I saw the bunny again on the other side of the box and pointed it out again. Suddenly, Zachary exclaimed, "Hey, Mommy! That bunny's not scratching his ears or eyes! He's HIDING EGGS!!!"

It's not just the cute things that 4 year-olds say that make me smile--it's that they actually BELIEVE what they are saying. Thanks, Zachary, for brightening my day.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that kids believe. Hey, I noticed you're reading "The Nanny Diaries". Have you finished? I cried at the end of it. Did you like it?

Robin said...

Hi Sarah. I haven't begun reading it yet. That's my list of books I have lined up to read this summer, so I guess I better start. :) I'll read that next and then let you know how I liked it.

Kristin said...

Kids teach us a whole lot don't they? I bet YOU didn't even suspect that that was what that bunny was up to.

Kelly said...

That's really cute. Those eggs are going to be rather stinky by the time Easter rolls around!