Thursday, July 31, 2008

You Think I'm Fruity, Don't You?

Today, the kids and I went Kawaii's to get some Hawaiian shaved ice to celebrate my birthday. It was a REALLY hot day out, so this was the perfect way for us to cool down. We just recently discovered how much we love Kawaii's! (Have any of my local friends ever been there, and if so, why did nobody tell me about this before? It is becoming one of my favorite summer hangouts!) Anyway, as were enjoying our mix of cherry and grape, Zachary looked down and said, "It's turning your toenails red!" I couldn't tell if he was serious, but I got a good laugh out of it. :)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I loved Hawaii, but one of my favorite things was the Hawaiian shaved ice. Have you had it with the scoop of vanilla ice crean at the bottom

Robin said...

It is sooo good! No, I haven't tried it with the ice cream, but I have wanted to! Maybe next time...

Sheyenne said...

Happy Birthday Robin! For some reason it wouldn't let me click over to your blog yesterday to say the same thing. I'll have to try it. Is it different than other shaved ice? I like to go to Senor Smoothie on Gattis to get shaved ice and smoothies.

Robin said...

Thanks, Sheyenne! I have never been to Senor Smoothies, so I couldn't tell you if there is any difference. I will have to go there sometime and check it out. I kind of like the atmosphere at Kawaii's, though.