Friday, August 17, 2007

Day Seven--Packin' Up

What a lazy bum I was today (OK, guess that was Wednesday!)...well, until I started laundry mid-afternoon and began packing our suitcases. We really had no plans until the evening, so I was in no hurry to get up and at 'em. Around 1:00, Chris came in and announced that he and his dad were taking the kids to the mall to play in the kiddie area. That's the excitement of Omaha, Nebraska, I guess. As it turned out, the kiddie area was closed for some remodeling of sorts, and they went to Target and got Icees instead. Chris LOVES Icees, and I'm sure he needed a consolation prize after such a huge disappointment at the mall. Not long after they returned, and after I got to a stopping point in the packing, Chris' mom got home from work and we headed out to their favorite Chinese buffet for dinner. It's a tradition that Chris' dad holds dear. Whenever the kids come home for a visit, we must go out for Chinese. I guess you could say that we are a family that appreciates the simple pleasures in life. We had a nice dinner and came home for more fun and games. One last night to get our fill of Spades and our favorite board games. Then, it was time to call it a night.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Isn't that the home of Warren Buffet? I wonder where he shops.

Robin said...

Yes, I believe you're right that Warren Buffet is from there. Why'd ya wanna know where he shops, though? Do you think there must be something more exciting to do than I saw while I was there? Actually, the Archiver's store there is in a really nice, new outdoor mall-type place called Oak Pointe. I can't remember what all they had there, but it was along the lines of the Arboretum only maybe even nicer.