Friday, March 14, 2008

OCD Wannabe

Last night, I discovered that our closet really IS a walk-in closet, or at least now I know it CAN be. Of course, I had to go on an archeological dig to find it, but now it's so clean I could live in it if I had to! I thought I would take the time to share ten of the most random things that I found hidden among 6 1/2 years worth of "collectibles":

1 unopened letter containing a vehicle registration sticker which expired in 2003 (Oops!)
1 pair of men's tap shoes (I told Chris that if he made me keep them, I better see him tap!)
1 name tag w/pin from the Sealing Room (his), presumably from our wedding day
1 fortune that reads: "New financial resources will soon become available to you." (Ahem!)
1 pair of blue gym shorts with the gray felt initials "RS" ironed on (mine from 6th grade, and, yes, clean!)
1 post-surgical xray film
1 petticoat (never worn)
1 original piece of poetry (a priceless heirloom to be handed down to all of our posterity) written by Chris' mom about the kind of wife he was supposed to marry. Here's my favorite line: "Five foot eight, or six, or two, She'll stand much taller next to you." HA!
1 book, entitled "The Portable Therapist: Wise and Inspiring Answers to the Questions People in Therapy Ask Most..." (never read--think I'll add that to my shelf now!)

AND

1 very informative packet: "HOW TO ORGANIZE A CLOSET"

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I can so relate to this! It's hilarious, especially the last find.